Keep an eye on things
Battery powered motion sensitive or time lapse game or trail cameras are a cost-effective way to monitor the environment and to keep an eye on things while you're not around.
- Use as a camera trap to survey for wildlife, game and pest animals
- Work out what and who is using burrows, waterholes, tracks, gates and trails
- Use as a security camera for farms and other remote areas with no power supply
If you're purchasing on behalf of a non-profit community or volunteer group in order to conduct wildlife or other monitoring, please contact me for an extra special deal. If you're a Friends group, Landcare, Conservation & Wildlife Management hunting group, Field Naturalists Club, Trust For Nature property, Land For Wildlife property, environmental group or similar, you can get the following discounts.
● 15% off Moultrie and ScoutGuard cameras
● 10% off Reconyx and SpyPoint cameras
● 10% off all accessories
● Further discounts for packages and bulk buys.
Close focus lens accessory
I can produce custom fitted lenses which allow the camera to focus at ranges less than 1 m, down to about 15 cm. This allows the camera to be used for some interesting projects, such as nest box monitoring, surveying for small mammals, reptiles and even insects (although the last is best in time-lapse mode). The lens is mounted using magnets, which attach to a small metallic mounting plate stuck to the camera, so they can be easily removed if you want to use the camera normally. Check out the modifications
page for more details.